Saturday, August 2, 2008

Arrival



I’m so very happy to be back at Rancho la Puerta. My husband, Gray, and I arrived mid-afternoon in time to feast on a cornucopia of fresh and grilled organic vegetables. As usual, it took only about five minutes to transition to “Ranch mode.” All airport edginess behind us, we greeted some old friends, enjoyed the breeze, and picked up – along with our room keys and water bottles – a special gift to all guests this ashram week: sets of meditation robes, consisting of white linen tunics and flowing white pants. (When I tried mine on, my husband said they made me look instantly “spiritual and wise.” Ah! If only it were that easy.)

But everyone here was thrilled by the idea of trying their robes on for size, as it were. I overheard several fellow passengers on the bus from San Diego expressing their wish to drop in on the ashram programs, even if they had not come here specifically to participate.

One thing is for sure. This is the most international week I have ever seen here. Looking through the list of guests, I see some have come from as far as Germany, China, Korea, Turkey, and Trinidad and Tobago. We are the spiritual Olympics of the summer of ’08.

Swami Veda will be tonight’s featured speaker – and I’ll keep you posted on our “opening ceremonies.”

1 comment:

Abby said...

I am sad that I did not carve out two weeks to join my sister, Valerie Reeves (Encinitas) there for this potentially once-in-a-lifetime experience. Yes, the Ranch always "delivers" something special. This week will be amazing for you and I look forward to reading your blog every day. Namaste. -Abby (Mpls.)